Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Pda Net 1.80
Requirements: WM5/6 (check manufacturer website for compatibility)
Overview: Get Wireless Internet on your laptop through the Treo phone / HTC Phone (HTC Mogul, Cingular 8525, etc.) - The PdaNet software allows your computer to go online by connecting to your phone through the Hotsync USB cable or Bluetooth. If you own a Treo phone with a data plan subscription from any carriers, PdaNet will make it your wireless Internet Connection for your laptop/desktop computer instantly - no extra hardware or setup necessary. Check out what Treo users say about PdaNet.
NOTE: this software allows WM phone from CDMA carrier (Sprint, Verizon) to act like wireless modem WITHOUT using the Internet Sharing program. These carrier blocks Internet Sharing program, but not with PdaNet. Please try it if it works for you, as it works with my WM6 device. The software will show up in your PPC and PC TASKBAR
Installation & USAGE instructions
1) Connect your PPC to PC via ActiveSync as normal
2) Install software on the PPC and PC
3) Check that the PDANet icon in the Today screen of PPC
3) Check that the PDANet icon in XP taskbar
4) To start conenction, right click on the PDANet icon in desktop and select "Connect"